Why Use Gtechniq EXO?
Using composite siloxane technology, EXOv5 makes water spots and road grime easy to remove, offers excellent resistance to all wash chemicals and can help withstand micro-marring. It produces a high-gloss, warm-looking, extremely hydrophobic finish.
It has a consistent film that is more durable and resistant to road salt and washes chemicals than its predecessors. Application has been improved with just a single layer of product required, with a slow flash-off time, giving more time to achieve a perfect finish.
All of the above combined with the introduction of a good degree of swirl resistance means EXOv5 represents a significant leap forward in Last Surface Protection (LSP) technology.
Simple Steps To Help You Get The Best Results
- EXOv5 can be applied as a standalone coating or as a top layer for Gtechniq C1 Crystal Lacquer or Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light (CSL) – we recommend applying C1 or CSL as a base coat for easy-to-mark and dark paints
- If you are applying over C1, EXOv5 should be applied a minimum of 4 hours, but less than 12 hours, after you finish the C1 application
- If you are applying over CSL, EXOv5 should be applied at least 1 hour after application of the CSL.
- Ensure that your vehicle is out of direct sunlight but warmer than 5 degrees Celsius, is completely dry and will stay dry for at least 12 hours after application
- Wipe down all surfaces using Gtechniq Panel Wipe and a Gtechniq MF1 ZeroR Microfibre Buff Cloth (apply the Panel Wipe directly to the cloth and not directly to the panel) – if you are applying over newly applied C1 or CSL, this step is not required
- Shake the bottle well and wear gloves
- Prime the AP2 Ultra Soft Foam Filled Applicator evenly with a good amount of product so that the pad is saturated
- Apply with the applicator provided in overlapping strokes to an area roughly 2ft by 2ft (60cm x 60cm). Wait for 1 to 2 minutes after applying to a panel and buff with an MF1, followed by a second MF1 to remove any smearing, leaving the surface slick. Just a single layer of product is required.
- Allow the coating to cure for at least 12 hours before exposure to moisture
- After application, we recommend that you do not wash the car for at least 7 days