Shop by Category
BrandsExteriorInteriorPaint CorrectionAccessoriesBoat & RV
- Bundle Builder
Lake Country Polishing Pads
Lake Country’s premium engineered foams are developed and sourced worldwide to offer the best products available. Hundreds of hours go into testing, research and development dialing in the specific foam formulations we use to get the perfect results and making your life easier. Foam is typically broken down in to two categories being reticulated and non-reticulated.
RETICULATED FOAM (OPEN CELL)
In reticulated or open cell foam there are a few, if any, intact bubbles or cell windows, similar to a net. Think of a window frame without glass.
• Resistance to compression is decreased (same foam will feel less firm if reticulated).
• Tear resistance is increased making pads more durable, reducing heat and increased performance on long throw DA polishers
• Chemicals are absorbed faster than nonreticulated resulting in more waste but are more durable and typically increase longevity of the cutting power during the polishing cycle.
NON-RETICULATED FOAM (CLOSED CELL)
Non-reticulated foam pores are completely sealed with windows intact or film covering the cell. Due
to the density and construction, polish becomes more difficult to absorb, keeping the polish or abrasive on the surface to increase working time and efficiency of the polishing cycle.
• Closed cell pads reduce absorption of polish and keep abrasive on the pad surface to increaseerformance and save on polish usage.
• Reduced durability of overall foam product leads to a shorter lifespan in comparison to open cell variations.