What makes TUF SHINE Tire Dressing Different
NOTE: TUF SHINE Tire Clearcoat, WILL NOT stick to silicone. TUF SHINE Tire Cleaner is specially formulated to remove silicone dressings, road grime, and to prep tires prior to applying TUF SHINE Tire Clearcoat
Competitive products are designed to lubricate the rubber. This lubrication washes off or evaporates over time. When this happens, protection is lost and it’s then necessary to repeatedly apply dressings to maintain the desired shine and protection. To maintain a “Wet” look with other product you have to constantly clean and apply dressings. Heavy-duty cleaners are required to remove the residue build-up left behind by most silicone-based dressings. Constant cleaning with harsh chemicals can remove factory lubricants that are built into the tire’s sidewalls and cause oxidation and dry cracks to appear. These same cleaners, when used regularly, can potentially ruin the finish on expensive wheels. TUF SHINE has taken a different approach, which is the opposite to that of our competitors.
- one 6 oz bottle of TUF SHINE Tire Clearcoat
- one 22 oz bottle of ready to use Tire Cleaner
- one Applicator Sponge.
- one Tire Brush
- one set of Nitrile Gloves
PROPER PREPARATION IS THE KEY TO A LASTING FINISH!
DO NOT clean tires in direct sunlight or when the tires are hot and do not let cleaner dry on wheels or paint.
CAUTION: Cleaner may stain bare aluminum, test small area first.
IMPORTANT: Any dirt, residue, and especially silicone from previous tire dressings must be removed or they may cause flaking and browning of the TUF SHINE Tire Clearcoat finish. Even new tires must be cleaned to remove factory mold release agents.
TUF SHINE Tire Clearcoat will stick to rubber, but it will not stick to silicone. That’s why this initial cleaning process is so important. Investing extra time spent cleaning will yield excellent results.
1. Clean tires thoroughly with the ready to use TUF SHINE Tire Cleaner. Spray cleaner on the first DRY tire and allow it to dwell 60 seconds. Wet brush with hose and scrub tire, especially around raised letters and grooves with the TUF SHINE Tire Brush. Scrub in the direction of ribbing and around raised letters and then again 90 degrees to the ribbing.
2. Rinse brush thoroughly after each scrubbing with direct stream of water from hose. Do not rinse brush in a bucket filled with water as silicone residue will contaminate the water and will be transferred back onto the tire.
3. Repeat this process a second time, or as needed, until suds appear white. This indicates that the tire is throughly cleaned and prepared for the TUF SHINE Tire Clearcoat finish.
4. The tire should be CLEAN and a dull BLACK and whitewalls/letters should be BRIGHT WHITE before applying clearcoat.
5. Use this cleaner for initial cleaning only. Once the TUF SHINE Tire Clearcoat is applied, mild soap and water is all that is needed to clean tires prior to any additional coats.
Also see FAQ's for answers to any questions you may have - Frequently Asked Questions Click Here.
Applying Tire Shine
1. Shake contents.
2. Tire must be cool and dry. DO NOT APPLY IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT, OR IN COLD TEMPERATURES BELOW 5O DEGREES.
3. Squirt a small amount onto the applicator sponge.
4. Apply to whitewalls and raised letters first. Allow 5 or more minutes for the first coat to dry, which will seal the white areas.
5. Apply a thin even coat to the rest of the tire following the circular pattern of the tire. Slight milky buildup is OK, smooth any runs. The product will dry clear. If any black residue is drawn onto white areas, wipe off immediately with a clean damp towel. Allow to dry between coats. Liberal applications for 2nd and 3rd coats will enhance shine.
6. TUF SHINE Tire Clearcoat is permanent. Wipe any residue from wheels and/or painted surfaces before it dries. Apply additional coats for increased shine. 3 to 4 coats will bring out the maximum shine. Touch up scuffmarks and nicks to restore the shine and keep that new look.
7. Rinse the applicator sponge with water for future use.
8. Care for the tire as you would the paint. To prolong the finish, use clear water and a soft brush or mild soap and water for heavier dirt and mud. Avoid using heavy chemical cleaners as they will dull the finish. Re-apply TUF SHINE Tire Clearcoat as needed.