Featured Sale Items
Since Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 forms a permanent film, any paint imperfections must be removed withOptimum Polish II or Optimum Finish before application. Also all waxes and oils must be removed from the surfaces for proper bonding.
1. Polish paint with Optimum Polish II or Optimum Finish to remove any defects.
2. Clean surface with 15% IPA solution to remove all polishing oils, waxes, and silicones.
3. Prime the applicator by making an X pattern across the pad. Only a few drops will be needed for each subsequent panel.
4. Wipe Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 onto a single panel at a time in a thin layer using two directions, in a circular or front to back direction.
5. Within 5 minutes, inspect the panel with adequate lighting looking for any thick areas that have not flashed away to clear.
6. Use foam applicator or paint safe microfiber to even out any areas where you see streaks. This step is key, as any spots not leveled will have to be polished if allowed to cure. Panels will feel a bit tacky and will be self-leveling during cure time, so avoid any unnecessary touching, wiping, or contact to produce the best results.
7. Repeat steps 1-6 for each panel where application is desired.
Not recommended for glass.