Freshstart Chlorine Dioxide Odor Elimination 28g/50g Packet

Brand: Interesting

Product Code: 1457

Availability:Out of stock

$29.00 29.00

Chlorine (Cl2) and Chlorine dioxide (ClO2) have very different chemical properties. Chlorine has been used as a disinfectant for many years but has some very undesirable by-products, especially in the treatment of water. Chlorine reacts with many pollutants in water, such as detergents, bathing oils, algae, and nitrogen compounds found in human waste, especially ammonia (NH3). So an alternative to Chlorine has been sought after; Chlorine Dioxide is that alternative.

What is stabilised Chlorine dioxide?

Chlorine dioxide is an oxidizing biocide not a metabolic toxin. Chlorine dioxide kills micro-organisms by disrupting of the flow of nutrients across the cell membrane, not by disturbing the metabolic process. What this means is that it is safe to use around children and pets.

Safe Around Children & Food:Chlorine Dioxide is generated by combining an acid with Sodium Chlorite (NaClO2) which is an inert salt. Fresh Start Odour Treatment a Canadian Distributor for CLO2 Systems who's proprietary formulation uses food grade citric acid to generate the Chlorine Dioxide. This is what makes it safe for use around children, pets and food. CLO2 systems' proprietary formulation is the only formulation registered and approved by the EPA.

How does it work?

Chlorine dioxide kills bacteria by attacking their critical physical functions at the cellular level. It disrupts the absorption of proteins into the cells. This effectively starves the cells by not allowing them to take in nutrients. By diffusing through the protective layer of the cell it alters the permeability of the outer cell membrane and renders the cells inactive from the inside out.

Chlorine dioxide works in such a way that bacteria will not develop a resistance to it. This eliminates the need to alternate biocide treatments. While remaining non-toxic Chlorine dioxide kills bacteria found in and around foodstuffs, like Salmonella in poultry products. This makes Chlorine dioxide the perfect disinfectant for kitchens.